Positive mental health is needed so that healthy Mommies are born and inward.However, what is positive mental health and how can we apply it in our daily lives?
Mental health affects everyone and our daily activities. Just like physical health, mental health also needs to be taken care of. People with mental disorders will have difficulty living their lives and need further treatment.
To keep mental health healthy, mommies can apply positive mental health. . It’s important to promote positive mental health—starting with the individual, working your way up to the larger community and system.
Let’s get acquainted further with positive mental health or positive mental health .
The World Health Organization (WHO), defines positive mental health as a condition in which everyone is able to:
- Realizing its potential
- Be productive
- Dealing with stress in daily life
- Make a positive contribution to the surrounding environment
Mental and psychological well-being includes the way we understand ourselves and the ability to deal with external situations. Keep in mind that positive mental health is not just being free from mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety.
Being mentally healthy, especially with positive characteristics, is a sense of purpose and satisfaction in life. Mommies must be able to maintain relationships with themselves and others and be able to participate in life to the fullest.
Other positive mental health traits include:
- Feel positive emotions such as happiness, optimism, love, compassion, and joy.
- Have a purpose in life
- Confident in facing any situation
- Avoid blaming yourself
- Appreciate yourself
Why is having positive mental health so important?
Positive mental health allows us to enjoy all the activities in life. Even so, remember, Mommies, that doesn’t mean we can’t be sad and experience emotional moments. It’s just that,if you have positive mental health , mommies are easier to get up from these unpleasant situations. Many people also call it mental resilience
Having mental resilience also means that each individual is better able to cope with adversity, trauma, and stress.
How to get positive mental health
Mommies can do some of these ways:
1. Take care of physical health
Sure, we’re talking about mental health, but our mind and body are closely related. It is difficult to achieve mental well-being if the physical is also not well cared for. For example, Mommies will find it difficult to feel comfortable if they don’t eat enough or haven’t showered.
When taking care of yourself, make sure you:
- Eat a nutritious diet that includes protein, carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
- Clean the body and the surrounding environment, such as bathing, washing clothes, and tidying the house regularly.
- Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol which can affect mood
- Avoid harmful habits such as smoking and excessive drinking
- Get enough sleep. Experts recommend getting about eight hours of sleep each night.
2. Set time to connect with other people
Humans are social creatures. Even introverts find comfort in conversing with like-minded people. Connecting with other people is better done face to face. However, a phone or video call can also be helpful if it is not possible to meet.
Talking to a friend or family member gives mommies an opportunity to express any worries that may have been weighing on them for a long time.
Exercise is one way to help overcome mental health problems. When doing physical activity, the brain releases endorphins that help improve mood and give you energy. Regular exercise can also help you sleep better and feel more one with yourself.
You don’t have to do strenuous exercise, Mommies. Walking around the house or gardening can provide good physical activity.
4. Use positive sentences in everyday life
There is a relationship between using positive words and mental health. When you’re not feeling well, it’s easy to fall into negativeself-talk . Do the following things to dispel negative thoughts:
- Be aware and recognize your negative thoughts and how often they occur. Once you become aware of the pattern, Mommies become more used to dealing with it.
- Sometimes negative thoughts are not even based on reality. Understand that what we think may not always happen.
- Balance negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Think of another scenario from a more positive side.
- Write down all disturbing thoughts and accompany them with things you like about yourself.
- Be kind to yourself .
It takes time to start reframing negative thought patterns into more positive mental attitudes. Therefore, be patient with yourself, Mommies. Keep going and be grateful for every progress that occurs.